Saturday 17 August 2013

Awaken the pallet... Chilli Pickle - BRIGHTON

So I recently got back from Brighton (was there for work) and my managers took me out for my FIRST EVER curry at an Indian restaurant! Chilli Pickle, located on Brighton’s Jubilee Square, was highly recommended to us and now I highly recommend it to YOU!

If you are ever in Brighton this is a must visit. Although this is my first visit to an Indian restaurant (so I don’t have anything to compare it to) this restaurant had a great atmosphere and very unique cocktails.

Bursting with colour and great energy, The Chilli Pickle is a great venue! One thing I would say is make reservations! When we turned up it was very busy and an hour and a half waiting time. We ended up giving in and sitting on the communal table - we were famished after our hard days work!


Unfortunately The Chilli Pickle only had a small selection of cocktails - However they are unique to the restaurant and compliment the cuisine really well! I tried the Apple Pepper Zin which was a delightfully spicy mix of apple juice, spiced rum, ginger ale, chilli sauce, ginger, lime and black pepper. It really reminded me of the Chilli Martini I had at Dirty Martini (Covent Garden's - love that place!). The spiced rum and apple infusion along with the extra kick of chilli turns this cocktail into a mouth party. I think this is one for the spice lovers out there!

 
 
 
To eat, we had a selection of staters; poppadoms with a variety of chutneys which really did "awaken the pallet", Bombay samosa with yogurt and paneer crispy. For my main I had the Chicken Biryani with mango chutney and a peshwari naan. Let me say the food was AMAZING and the portion sizes very generous! (F.Y.I - I couldn't clean the plate and they had to roll me out of there!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment